Monday, April 15, 2013

The Art of Silk Painting in Jeddah



This morning I attempted something new – the art of silk painting!   

I enrolled in a private class here in Jeddah given by a lovely lady named Q.   

Q has been doing silk painting since she was a teen.  

My first attempt at silk painting - by Susie of Arabia
I opted to draw my fish design freehand.

Silk painting by Farnaz
There were floral guides available that the other women used. 

Silk painting by Fariha
We learned a bit about the history of silk painting, tools and materials required, and then each of us made a hands on project that we took home with us, along with supplies provided by Q.  
Silk painting by Kathy
There were five students altogether and we had a great time.  The two hour class turned into three!
Silk painting by Ayesha
If you are interested in signing up for Q’s classes, check out her Facebook page.   These classes are for women only. 

6 comments:

  1. Lovely, Susie! Did you make a scarf or ... ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wendy - It could be a scarf, but I think I'm going to frame it.

      Delete
  2. I like your free-hand piece best. How fun to learn this. You are so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fish is beautiful! I would not have believed that this was your first time painting on silk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It will be lovely wonderful framed. Those are my colours and style!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It will be excellent framed.This is color very nice.adventure sport nq.Its beautiful.

    ReplyDelete